Trimix Diver (OC, SCR, CCR)
1. This Program is designed for those individuals already involved in deep diving activities, but is not intended to be used as an enticement to divers who are content to remain in Sport or EANx diving limits.
2. Trimix affords a safer means for deep-water exploration for divers who dive deep or perform with a clear head at depth. The IANTD Trimix Diver Program requires the diver to be self-sufficient/reliant.
3. The knowledge and skills taught in this program are more than adequate to qualify divers to perform Trimix Dives outside of training up to 333 fsw (100 msw).
4. (RB) This Program is designed to train divers in the safer use and technology of Rebreathers for deep diving to depths in excess of 200 fsw (60 msw).
1. Must be qualified IANTD Technical Diver, Technical Cave Diver, Technical Wreck Diver, Normoxic Trimix Diver or equivalent.
2. Must provide proof of a minimum of 200 logged dives, of which at least 25 were to depths between 140 fsw (42 msw) and 200 fsw (60 msw) or sufficient experience doing technical dives to satisfy the instructor that the student has the ability and knowledge to continue into this level of training.
3. Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
4. (RB) Must be qualified as an IANTD Normoxic Rebreather Diver, or if entering the Program based on equivalent experience, must be qualified as either (OC) Normoxic Trimix Diver or (OC) Trimix Diver or must be taking the Normoxic Rebreather Diver and Trimix Diver course on an approved Rebreather for mixed gas diving, with all dives other than confined water made on Trimix or Heliox. Note all Rebreather Trimix Divers must have completed the Normoxic Rebreather lectures and skills.
5. (RB) 50 hours of dive time is required on the specific Rebreather for which the diver is being trained.